Palais des Mirages

Chemograms, mirrors, wood and motors

Installation based on the “Palais des Illusions” by Eugène Hénard. It was designed for the Paris World Exhibition in 1900. The conctruction of the original “Palais des Illusions” consisted of a six-sided small room with mirrors on each of the six walls and turning pillars within each corner, giving the illusion of travelling in space without the viewer actually physically moving.